Sunday 26 May 2013

Exfoliate Pt 2 - The Greatest Scrub Of All

This is one of those products I thought i didn't need. I had my other Soap and Glory product, I was using Scrub Your Nose In It . I get beauty gift sets as standard for Christmas and I love my mum for that but some products just get left alone. Until I asked my boyfriend to pass me my Soap and Glory scrub this morning and he rummaged through my bag and passed me this:



Contains a blend of super gentle silicami particles and salicylic acid-loaded scrub beads, so the more you scrub, the more you smooth. Like a DIY microdermabrasion. It’s a scrub formulated to leave even the most exhausted face looking FRESH.
Source

So I thought what the heck I may as well try it out. All I wanted was to stick a bit on my forehead to try clear the small patch of dry skin . So I wet just my t-zone and used the scrub. It smells a little floral and I gave it a good scrub in then rinsed off. I could feel my skin was smoother. The consistency was thinner and more creamy but with similar beads to the Scrub Your Nose In It. The difference is its specifically an exfoliator and has salicylic acid in the beads. This acid is the difference from what I've read it causes the epidermis to shed more readily, opening clogged pores and neutralises bacteria within, preventing pores from clogging up again by constricting pore diameter, and allowing room for new cell growth.

After I'd done I put my mosturiser on and then my foundation . It works, it really dose I couldn't believe how smooth my foundation had gone on. I could build it up and it didn't cling anywhere. This is now part of my pre makeup routine. I can understand now how preparing my skin for make up changes how it all sits on my skin and makes it look so much better. So now this is for whenever I do my make up and the Scrub Your Nose In It is for once a week I use as a face mask treat. 

As for cost the price is £9 for 125ml which seems high but you use such as small amount and it spreads easily across my face that I think it will last as while before it needs replacing.

No comments:

Post a Comment