Friday 2 August 2013

Tiny Haul - Debenhams Dabble - Mac & Urban Decay Preview

This is a haul with only two items but before this day the last time I spent £30 ish quid was when I first purchased Cliniques Dramatically Difference Moisturising Lotion and that was and still is coveted and that was over a year ago and I still have about fifth of the bottle left. It's not often I can afford to do expensive make up because I always feel guilty at spending the money on myself in that way. I see items like this as an investment in myself and the choice I make to enjoy them and feel more happy. I also need to try the expensive stuff to then be able to comparatively find dupes which I've not been able to do yet ... sorry. I had wanted to try Mac ever since I started watching Youtube, major jealousy and envy followed. But I still had to find something that hopefully will last long enough to be worth it and do the job I want. 

My make up is melting, the heat is rising and lowering at a great speed. I dont know if it's gonna be sweltering one minute then poring buckets the next (at the time of writing this I heard the thunderstorm going on outside , quickly put the laptop down and ran outside it's just too hot for me right now). 

So I treated myself to two products that I hope will help come rain or shine.


Mac - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation - This was reccomended by Gossmakeupartist here on his Summer Proof Makeup video. If you haven't heard of him yet he's amazing the man knows everything you need to know about make up and then some. The cost is £21.50 for 15g.

Studio Fix is a powder and foundation in one that combines good coverage with ease of application. Designed to be used dry, the powder and pigments create a matte, velvety texture. It contains Silica, which helps to maintain a matte finish by absorbing oils on the skin, as well as Talc to provide a smoother, less reflective, matte finish. The talc has been milled to a microscopic size to provide a beautiful texture while allowing the skin to breathe. It is available in a wide range of colours. It can be applied with a brush, sponge, or a powder puff. - Mac


I also the read this post from Lily Pebbles at WhatIHeartToday in the post Makeup Fixers . She has great reviews on her blog and on Youtube.


Is makeup meltdown ruining your midnight mojo? Mist on this weightless spray to give your makeup serious staying power.- Urban Decay

Reviews to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment