Thursday 11 July 2013

Magnetic Attraction - Make Up Academy




Sometimes I just can't help myself. These are the Make Up Academy Magnetic Nail Varnishes for £3.50 each. So when they were on offer in Superdrug (here) at 3 for 2 it was inevitable. Once I had time to sit down and and try them out I couldn't help but try all three new ones as well as my first one called Mayfair. You can read my original review of Mayfair (here). So the three colours are Park Lane this is a dark rosy red base with dark burgundy over it, Leicester Square is a blue grey base with dark grey and the Regent Street is a vibrant lilac with deep purple. The Mayfair in the photo is a deep blue with navy.


All the varnishes dry really fast and can be worn as one coat because they are fully opaque. They are a good consistency and the brushes are great too. My favourite is Regent Street (the purple one) as it very bright and and really pops . I also love the grey Leicester Square with the circle effect like when water ripples and because now I can mix and match the magnets and varnishes. These are good value you get 6.8ml in each and my original Mayfair is being used more than any of my other varnishes and still going strong. I also had found that even if you make a mistake like dip the magnet on your wet nail accidentally or it doesn't do the pattern strong enough I could easily stick a coat straight over it and try it again and it would still dry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment