Monday 1 July 2013

O.P.I Goth Camo for My Nail Nightmare

My nails have started peeling at the tip of the nail in the last week they are so thin that they bend and I just don't know what to do. This is the first time this has happened so I don't know whats caused it. I've started using Sally Hansen Continuous Treatment Growth which is a clear varnish , it dries super quick which is good so I put two coats on with no trouble. I bought this at Xtras for £2.99.


While I was there I saw O.P.I Nail Laquer. There is no way I could part with £10.99 for one nail varnish so when I saw these at £5.99 in Xtras. The one I finally picked was Vampsterdam which is a deep purple shimmer lacquer and it is gorgeous. Completely not summery but the colour is definitely me. 



So I decided at the same time I would show you the Headline colors Varnish as well in Spotlight that I got in my Beauteco Box in June. It is normally £9 so I can compare the two varnishes. The O.P.I first coat looks like it dosn't cover but the second coat makes it completly opague and I can't even see where the peeling is so has disguised that very well. You really do have to give it time to dry out between coats but it's worth the wait. The Headline color is a silver with a slightly lilac tinge the coats dry quickly but I need a third coat to get the same block colour as the other was. The other thing I noticed was with each brush stroke on this one you can see the lines in the colour whereas the O.P.I is smooth across my nails. Vampsterdam is the winner and I think I will get the most use out of it. Here's hoping my nails improve over the next few weeks.







No comments:

Post a Comment